Not to me, specifically, but in general.
Honestly, what does that even mean? Obviously I am OK. I am building a business and a life with someone I love. We own our home, we love where we live. I find purpose in my work. I have hobbies that I enjoy.
Yes, I am OK.
Also, I am totally not even close to OK.
I survive on deep breaths and dog walks combined with down time and more deep breaths. I think I am doing what I need to do to do enough, but I don’t know the answer to that question either. What is enough?
What is OK?
That is all I mean, what is the definition of OK? Until I understand that, it is impossible to answer.
In other news, because I am clearly OK:
Mark Your Calendars for These Upcoming Events at Heirloom:
- Friday, November 11th, 6.30am, 9am, 4.30pm – Veteran’s Workout, Tommy Mac. “The whole thing with Tommy is that he embodies everything that’s right about Ranger Battalion. He held the position of Ranger Team Leader which is literally the tip of the spear. He was the consummate, quiet professional—he expected absolutely zero recognition for what he did. He loved his job because he was a born protector. He was perfectly content to carry out his life’s work under the cover of darkness, with his and his comrades’ actions to remain forever under the cloak of shadows. He died doing what he loved; protecting all of us. ” Learn more here.
- Join us in honor all of the veterans, especially those in our Heirloom, THRIVE, Cambridge and Dorchester Communities.
- Saturday, November 12th – 4-6pm – Open House – Meet and Greet the THRIVE leaders and community members. Activity tables to engage the kids while we all chat about health and wellness. Then check out Cambridge Main Street’s Awesome Autumn 2nd Saturday. Learn more here.
- Good luck to everyone participating in the Bay Bridge Walk/Run this weekend. Bundle up, be safe and crush it!
- Wednesday, November 16th – 6pm – Nutrition Chat with Melissa Dross, Heirloom Kitchen.
- Saturday, November 19th – 6pm – FRIENDSGIVING!!! We’re up to about 25, including a handful of kids. So grab the family, BYOB and a dish to share and come hang out with us and help us celebrate some 2022 milestones! Email email@example.com to RSVP, we’d love to have you.
1 thought on “Stop Asking, “Are You OK?””